Directions for Accessing Overdrive Media Console
Preston High School currently has about 75 books that can be read online. The directions for accessing these books are as follows:
- If you are using a SmartPhone or Kindle, install the OverDrive Media Console app.
- Go to the website http://prestonco.lib.overdrive.com .
- Sign in by selecting a library: Preston High School
- Enter your Library Card number - your full WVEIS number - and click "Login."
- Browse and select a book. To see all books, click on "Explore" on the navigation bar and then select "View all eBooks."
- At the bottom of the page, scroll on "Scroll to see more" until all books are loaded.
- Click on the book you would like to read. You will see two choices: Borrow or Wish List. Click on Borrow to check out the book. You will see a list of available formats. If the book is in "Kindle" or "Adobe PDF" format, it must be downloaded as a PDF on a computer and then copied to an iPod or iPhone in order to read it on those devices.
- Only two books can be checked out at a time for any user. Books can be "checked out" for two weeks and will then be removed from your locker.